Why contract to Geeks2U? I’m glad you asked. We currently partner with over 700+ independent contractors Australia-wide and some of the most common reasons why are:
Be your own boss
Seriously, who doesn’t want to run the show? As independent contractors, our technicians have full control over when and where they work. They simply elect which suburbs they would like to service and when they are available to complete jobs (as much or as little as they like, there is no set minimum) using our proprietary web-based platform and smartphone apps (Android, iOS, Windows). We book jobs in their available time slots and send them through by SMS and email. We will happily fit in with your schedule and help to fill any gaps in your week with our work.
No two days are the same
We offer a wide range of services to our customers and as a result, no two services are the same! Our technicians help with hardware and software repairs, wireless and wired network set-up, virus and spyware prevention and removal, device setup (from Smart TVs, to tablets and mobile phones), data backup and recovery solutions and just about any other type of technology support our customers require at their homes or offices.
We take care of the boring stuff
We know that self-employed technicians love getting down to the hands-on technical work; no-one goes into the IT business so they can organise advertising and billing. We do all of that for you. Contracting to Geeks2U means that we take care of all the advertising, scheduling and admin. The technicians get to do the fun stuff and see the smile on a customer’s face after a job well done!
Sound good? We are always looking to expand our technician network, Australia-wide! Want some some more information?
What you’ll do:
- Troubleshoot/resolve tech problems on-site
- Build rapport with our customers
- Finalise invoices and collect payment for services
- Provide follow-up support to customers
What you’ll need:
- A strong history of providing technology support in both home and office environments, over a variety of platforms (e.g. PC, Mac, iOS, Android, Office 365, Google Apps, etc.)
- Great communication skills; the ability to explain technical issues in ‘plain English’
- Own reliable, well-maintained vehicle
- Laptop/tablet and basic troubleshooting equipment
- Australian Business Number (ABN)
What’s in it for you:
- A generous share of the service charge to the customer
- The bulk of the margin on parts you supply
- Additional commissions on any of our other products you sell
- Invoices paid weekly via EFT
- The full support of our back office admin team, 7 days a week
Please submit your company or professional profile with a covering letter using the form below.
Please note: Only short-listed applicants will be contacted. Due to the requirements of this opportunity, a criminal history check will be undertaken on preferred applicants.