Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update
Geeks2U is here to support you during this difficult time and is operating as normal with our technicians continuing to complete on-site jobs every day right across Australia.
We are also ready and prepared to adapt to the challenges which may be presented to us. In preparation for the possibility that on-site service may become unviable due to state and/or federal regulations, and also so we can support customers in self-isolation, we are now offering remote and contactless pick-up services.
These options will be offered for any support that is able to be performed remotely and/or off-site and will be charged at our standard rates
We will continue to offer our on-site services in addition to these remote and contactless pick-up options subject to government regulations and provided we are confident that we can do so safely.
We share the concerns of all Australians about the risks of COVID-19 and have been closely monitoring the advice of federal and state governments and the World Health Organisation. In order to mitigate the risks as much as possible, we have provided Geeks2U technicians with detailed information on how to complete on-site services safely.
We also ask that customers do their part to ensure everyone’s safety by not booking an on-site service with us if they fall within the high-risk category detailed here or are currently in mandatory self-isolation.
If it’s support that can be provided remotely and/or through contactless pick-up repairs, we’ll be delighted to be of service via one of those means instead.
If you have a scheduled onsite service:
- If you or any member of your household feels unwell, please contact us to cancel your service. All cancellations related to illness will not incur the usual cancellation fee.
- If any household member has travelled in the last 14 days or has had contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19, we again ask you to contact us to reschedule or cancel your service.
- Please help the technician to perform the work as quickly as possible by having your device turned on and passwords at the ready.
- Please refrain from physical greetings such as handshakes.
- Observe Australian government social distancing guidelines by maintaining 1.5 metres distance from your technician at all times.
- Please note that we’ve also stopped accepting cash as a form of payment to further protect customers and technicians.
Our call centre:
Due to significantly increased call volume, you may experience a slightly longer wait than usual. Thank you for your patience. We’re actively growing our team and we’ll be back to our usual quick response time as soon as possible.
Please keep visiting this page for regular updates. We hope to be of service soon and that you stay safe during this time.