Smart home setup with Geeks2U
Smart Home technology allows you to control your home’s climate, lighting, entertainment, and more all from a centralised device or via voice commands. They will make your life easier by automating everyday tasks in your home, and can even help to reduce your power bills at a time where electricity is at a record high.
However, it can be complicated to setup a smart home, and if your smart devices aren’t set up correctly, a smart home doesn’t end up making life easier. In fact, it can be the cause of more frustration!
That’s where Geeks2U come in. Our trusted technicians will set up your smart home network for you so you can get the most out of your technology. What’s more, we’ll show you how to use your tech, giving you peace of mind that once the technicians leave, you’ll be a master of your smart devices.
- Installation of up to three of your smart devices, including smart lighting, smart speakers, smart hubs, and smart plugs
- Connection of those devices to your Wi-Fi networks and Bluetooth devices
- Download, configure, and setup the apps to enable you to control your smart devices
- 15-minute tutorial of the main features of the devices and the app so you have peace of mind that you can use them
- If necessary, we can also connect up to three additional devices for an additional $79
How to book Geeks2U for a home automation installation
Booking with us simple. You could have a Geek taking care of your home automation installation on the same day or in as little as 24-hours. Call us today or fill out an enquiry form and one of our friendly support team members will be in touch soon!
Enquire today about smart home setup
Benefits of a smart home setup:
There’s plenty of benefits of a smart home setup:
- You can control smart technology via your phone, smart hub or using voice commands rather than having to learn to use multiple remotes and interfaces
- You’ll have better control over the lighting in your home, as you may be able to change the colour, tone, and brightness of each individual smart light. Read our guide to smart lights
- Smart homes can help to reduce your energy bills – find out how here!
- You can use smart plugs to turn devices on and off from your phone – even when you’re not at home
- Smart vacuums will keep your carpet nice and tidy and you don’t even have to lift a finger!
- A smart fridge (yes, that’s a real thing!) can let you see what’s inside via your phone so you can check which groceries you need while you’re at the shops
- Manage your technology from far away by turning lights and devices off remotely using your pone
Frequently asked questions
What is smart home installation?
Smart home installation gives people peace of mind that their home automation technology is set up and working as intended. Rather than doing it yourself, expert technicians will come to your house and connect your smart devices to your Wi-Fi, Bluetooth enabled devices and each other.
How does smart home automation work?
Smart home automation is when devices inside your home automatically perform tasks during the day based on your specific needs. You can automate lights turning on and off, your TV playing a specific show, the kettle turning on when it’s time for tea, and much more. It works through your home Wi-Fi network, which allows a variety of devices to communicate with each other through the internet. You’ll also be able to control most of your smart home devices from your phone or tablet, so you don’t have to master multiple remotes!
How much to install a smart home?
A smart home can cost as much or as little as you like – it just depends on what you want to automate. You can start with a smart speaker, some of which you can pick up for under $100 to see if voice control is something you enjoy. From there, you can start installing more devices, such as lights and plugs to automate of your daily tasks. It might cost around $1,000 to install speakers, lights, plugs in multiple rooms – and up to $5,000 if you want to go all out! The best thing about smart homes is that you can slowly chip away and add a few products at a time rather than all in one go.
What is the difference between a smart home and home automation?
A smart home is slightly different to home automation; however they’re closely related. A smart home refers to a house which uses smart device products connected to the internet to help with everyday tasks. However, it hasn’t been set up to run tasks automatically, it just gives you better control over certain functions. Home automation is when you use your smart devices to make certain tasks happen automatically throughout the day – like the heater turning on and off at specific times or ensuring all the lights are off by 11pm.
or complete our form today to set up an appointment with a computer repair technician